Healthy Vermonters Performance Dashboard
To meet the challenges of keeping Vermont one of America's healthiest states, we track, measure, report on, and apply data in order to achieve our shared goals for improving public health.
Explore the Tobacco Use Dashboard - see what it all means for how well we meeting our tobacco control and prevention goals.
Independent Comprehensive State Tobacco Control Program Evaluation
- Independent Evaluation of the Vermont Tobacco Control Program: Annual Report (04/2012) - Prepared for Vermont Tobacco Evaluation and Review Board by RTI International.
- Smoking prevention efforts target youth from 10-18 years old.
- The youth smoking rate has dropped from 31 percent to 16 percent since the beginning of the program, nearly reaching our goal.
View the youth survey results:
Adult Smoking Cessation
- Smoking prevention efforts target all adults - with additional focus on those living in poverty and with mental health and/or substance abuse issues.
- The adult smoking rate has dropped to an all time low.
View all the adult survey results:
Secondhand Smoke Reduction
- Smoking prevention efforts target all Vermonters - with a focus on parents, caregivers, and those with chronic conditions such as asthma.
- The rate of second-hand exposure among children in Vermont has dropped below national rates.