Sexually Transmitted Disease Resources
- CDC National STD Hotline: 800-227-8922
- Vermont Department of Health HIV/AIDS hotline: 800-882-2437
- American Social Health Association
- Mission is to stop sexually transmitted diseases and their harmful consequences to individuals, families and communities. Facts and answers about STDs, programs, and resource center.
- Centers for Disease Control & Prevention
- Coalition for Positive Sexuality: Sex Ed for Teens
- For teens-to ask questions and get answers. Produces a variety of posters and booklets on sexuality for teens.
- Family Health International
- Pioneered ways to curtail the spread of HIV/AIDS. Many of the HIV prevention “best practices” in use today have emerged from FHI’s work in more than 60 countries and are listed on this website.
- The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation
- This Foundation is an independent philanthropy focusing on the major health care issues facing the nation, including HIV/AIDS. The Foundation is an independent voice and source of facts and analysis for policymakers, the media, the health care community, and the general public.
- HIV/AIDS Guide to Services
- Men's Health Garage
- Resources include information specific to men’s issues, questions, and services. Men's Health Garage is a project of the Vermont Department of Health and Planned Parenthood of Northern New England, as part of a national effort to help young men prevent sexually transmitted disease and unintended pregnancies.
- Planned Parenthood Federation of America
- Fact sheets and information about sexuality topics, including HIV and STDs. Also includes resources for educators.
- The Sexuality Information and Education Council of the U.S. (SIECUS)
- (SIECUS) is a national, nonprofit organization which affirms that sexuality is a natural and healthy part of living. SIECUS develops, collects, and disseminates information, promotes comprehensive education about sexuality, and advocates the right of individuals to make responsible sexual choices.
Return to Top