For more information about Lyme disease, call the Vermont Department of Health, Epidemiology Field Unit at 800-640-4374 or 863-7240.
Lyme Disease Surveillance Report 2012
Summary of Lyme disease activity reported to the Vermont Department of Health in 2012. Includes data on confirmed and probably cases, symptoms, incidence, location of exposure.
Reported Cases of Lyme Disease: 1999-2012
Includes cases with Vermont, out of state, and unknown exposure, as well as case numbers for Northeastern states.
Incidence Rate Maps
- 2012 Confirmed & Probable Cases
- 2011 Confirmed & Probable Cases
- 2010 Confirmed & Probable Cases
- 2009 Confirmed & Probable Cases
- 2008 Confirmed & Probable Cases *
- 2007 Confirmed Cases
- 2006 Confirmed Cases
- 2005 Confirmed Cases
* The case definition for Lyme disease was changed in 2008 to include a "probable" category. Maps from 2008 and later include both confirmed and probable cases.
Surveillance Case Definition
Developed for national reporting of Lyme disease; it is not intended to be used in clinical diagnosis.
Fact Sheets - Lyme disease Prevention
- We'd like your feedback: Is this booklet helpful?
Did it answer your questions about Lyme disease?
Take this short survey
Ticks that spread Lyme disease live in Vermont Poster - 11x17, 246 KB
Print and display for public awareness.
Lyme Disease in Vermont: An Important Emerging Infection
Infectious Disease Control Bulletin (Spring Supplement June 2010)
Tick Management Handbook - An integrated guide for homeowners, pest control operators, and public health officials for the prevention of tick-associated disease - Prepared by Kirby C. Stafford III, Ph.D., Connecticut Agricultural Experiment Station