Reporting Lyme Disease
Case reporting and definitions for providers.
- Fax the report form
To our confidential fax 802-951-4061
- Mail the form
Vermont Department of Health
108 Cherry St.
P.O. Box 70, Drawer 41 – IDEP
1/25/10 Burlington, VT 05402
Surveillance Case Definition (CDC)
Developed for national reporting of Lyme disease; Not intended to be used in clinical diagnosis.
Centers for Disease Control & Prevention
- Lyme Disease
- Resources for Clinicians
- Handbook – Tickborne Diseases of the United States: A Reference Manual for Health Care Providers
Diagnostic Testing for Lyme Disease
- Caution regarding testing for Lyme disease
- Lyme disease Diagnosis and Testing
- MMWR Report 4/18/14 -- "Concerns Regarding a New Culture Method for Borrelia burgdorferi Not Approved for the Diagnosis of Lyme Disease"
- Lyme Disease in Vermont: An Important Emerging Infection
Infectious Disease Bulletin - Spring Supplement 2010 (June 2010)
- Gary P. Wormser, Raymond J. Dattwyler, Eugene D. Shapiro, et.al. 2006. The Clinical Assessment, Treatment, and Prevention of Lyme Disease, Human Granulocytic Anaplasmosis, and Babesiosis: Clinical Practice Guidelines by the Infectious Diseases Society of America. Infectious Diseases Society of America. 43:1089-1134 (April 19, 2007)
Patient Education Materials
- Booklet: "Be Tick Smart - What you should know about tick bites & Lyme disease"
- Wallet Card: Tick Identifier Card
Pocket-sized card for quick ID of ticks and tips for repelling and removing them.
- Bookmark: Prevent Lyme disease
- Fact Sheets and other Educational Resources