This document is in pdf format.
This manual has been prepared as a resource for school staff and families caring for children and adolescents who have diabetes.
Specific goals of the manual include:
- Ensuring that the health and safety of the student is maintained in the school setting through development and implementation of an Individual Care Plan (ICP) and training of school staff.
- Supporting the student in becoming independent with self-care management that is consistent with age and interest.
- Guiding school staff in their understanding of diabetes and its management, and assuring the coordination of diabetes care in school with the care provided in the home.
- Supporting student participation in school functions by removing barriers.
View and print document by section
- Section 1 - Title page, table of contents, Chapter 1 (81 KB, 11 pages)
- Section 2 - Chapter 2, Daily management of diabetes (248 KB, 34 pages)
- Section 3 - Chapters 3, 4, 5 - Conditions associated with diabetes, psycosocial concerns, diabetes in a school setting (187 KB, 24 pages)
- Section 4 -Chapters 6, 7, appendices - Information for parents, regulations affecting school populations (1.4 MB, 51 pages)
View and print the entire document
- Managing Diabetes at School 2006 (1.8 MB, 120 pages)