Get help now:
- In an emergency, call 911 or seek medical attention immediately.
- Access substance abuse services.
- View this Windham County Substance Abuse Resources Guide.
- Community Organizing
- Program Planning & Consultation
- Presentations & Training
- Community Grants Information & Guidance
- Information & Referral
Regional Prevention Partnerships
- Reduce underage drinking and binge drinking in people aged 12-20.
- Reduce prescription drug misuse in people aged 12-25.
- Reduce marijuana use in people aged 12-25.
- Increase statewide and regional infrastructure to implement substance abuse prevention activities.
Local Prevention Work
- Brattleboro Area Prevention Coalition
- West River Valley Thrives
- The Collaborative
- Greater Falls Connections
- Deerfield Valley Prevention Coalition
We collaborate with prevention, intervention, treatment and recovery services on local projects, including Syringe Support Services, a new initiative through the AIDS Project of Southern Vermont.
We provide education on substance abuse prevention to other social service agencies, both within and beyond state government. For example, we recently sponsored a Bridges Out of Poverty Training for social service agencies, particularly those who serve youth and provide child care services. We have also worked with other state agencies to provide education on Fetal Alcohol Syndrome and stigma around addiction. We share our Youth Risk Behavior Survey with businesses, law enforcement, parents, schools and others in order to keep the community informed of advances we are making in the field of alcohol and drug misuse and abuse prevention.
Prescription Drug Disposal
Most people who abuse prescription painkillers get them from friends or family – often straight out of the medicine cabinet. By ensuring the safe use, storage and disposal of prescription drugs, you can help make sure drugs don't get into the wrong hands, or pollute our waterways and wildlife.
The Department of Health coordinates a prescription drug disposal system to connect Vermonters with permanent disposal sites near them, like pharmacies and police stations. Find prescription drug disposal options in your area.
Alcohol & Drug Abuse in Vermont
Windham County Adolescent Marijuana Use and Other Risk Behaviors
Windham County Profile Regional Prevention Partnership Grant
Alcohol, Tobacco and Other Drugs – Vermont Community Profiles