The Vermont Department of Health Immunization Program is pleased to provide the newly revised Child Care Provider’s Manual, and resources for completing the annual Child Care Provider's Immunization Status Report. Vermont law requires that all licensed and registered child care providers collect immunization records and submit to the Health Department a summary report showing the vaccination status of the children in your care.
This manual is designed to guide you through the process of collecting and reporting immunization information for children enrolled in your program. The updated manual is organized to help make this process as straightforward and simple as possible.
- Child Care Provider's Manual (replaces the 2011 version) includes guidance for filling out the forms that you will need to complete before doing the survey.
Materials for Completing the Annual Child Care Provider's Immunization Status Report
The 2012 Survey will be sent to you in an email. Please contact the Immunization Program if you do not receive it by the end of October 2012.
Please use these resources to fill out the Annual Child Care Provider's Immunization Status Report:
Forms - All of the updated immunization forms are located here. Exemption forms have been updated since last year, and it is important that you use the forms provided. Parents must be provided with and read these educational materials before signing the philosophical exemption form.
Supplemental Information is included here for those who are interested in learning more about immunizations. This information can be printed and shared with parents, teachers, and other people who work with children.
Additional Resources for more information about immunizations
For information or assistance, please contact:
Vermont Department of Health
800-640-4374 (toll free within Vermont)
Exemption forms have been updated since last year. It is important that you use the forms provided.
- Exemption Forms:
- Child Care Provider Memo -- Act 157 changes UPDATE July 31, 2012
- Child Care Immunization Record
- Documentation of Varicella
- Child Care Incomplete Immunization Notice UPDATE June 29, 2012
- Child Care Exclusion Notice UPDATE June 29, 2012
- Vaccine Brand Name Abbreviation list
- Brochure: Guide for Child Care Facilities to Vermont's Immunization Law
- Child Care Entry Immunization Regulations (Rev. March 2011)
- Vermont Statute
- Immunization Schedules:
- For Children & Teens: [ Vermont ] [ CDC ]
- Postcard: Children Immunization Schedule
- Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP)
- Vermont Immunization Regulations
- Department of Health District Offices
- Immunization Action Coalition
- CDC Vaccines: The Basics
- Children's Hospital of Philadelphia Vaccine Education Center
- Information about Tdap Cocooning
- American Academy of Pediatrics