Since April 2011, the Vermont Vaccine Purchasing Program has been a pilot program to ensure universal access to immunizations recommended for children and adults. The pilot program established an insurer-funded vaccine purchasing pool that currently enables the Vermont Department of Health (VDH) to purchase pediatric and adult vaccines at the lowest possible price and to distribute them at not cost to Vermont health care providers. In 2014, legislation is being considered to ensure a permanent, sustainable universal vaccine program.
As a result of collecting payments from health plans, insurers, and other payers the Vermont Vaccine Purchasing Program makes it possible for:
- Health care providers to receive state-supplied vaccines at no charge;
- All children to have easy access to critical vaccines;
- Adults to have access to vaccines through their health care provider;
- All payers to participate in an efficient, cost-effective system for purchasing and distributing vaccines.
VDH has contracted with KidsVax®.org to create and manage the website that allows health insurers to securely submit their quarterly Vermont covered lives data, generate a report, and prepare an invoice. The website is located at www.vtvaccine.org and also includes public information about the program for health care providers, payers and the public.
- Information for Payers
- Information for Health Care Providers
- VVPP Immunization Pilot Advisory Committee
- Contact Us
- VVPP Plan of Operation
- Frequently Asked Questions
- List of VFC and/or VFA enrolled health care practices and providers
- CDC Vaccine Price List
- Vaccines for Children/Adults - Enrollment
- Vaccine for Children/Adults - Vaccine Availability & Eligibility
- CDC Vaccine Price List
Billing for State-Supplied Vaccine
When a Vermont Health Care provider receives state-supplied vaccine, the Health Care Procedure Coding Systems (HCPCS) National Level II Medicare Code Modifier (SL: State supplied vaccine) must be used when submitting information on claims forms to insurers. All vaccine administration billing must be supported with an accompanying zero ($0.00) or one ($0.01) cent claim identifying the vaccine administered by CPT code a vaccine code, even when there is no amount to be reimbursed. The Vermont Department of Health has no preference regarding whether state-supplied vaccines are billed with a charge of $0.00 or $0.01.
VVPP Immunization Pilot Advisory Committee
Meetings and Minutes
For questions regarding the Vermont Vaccine Purchasing Program, please contact the Vermont Department of Health’s servicing agent, KidsVax.org® at 1-855-KidsVax (543-7829) or info@VTvaccine.org.