The purpose of the immunization requirements for entry into childcare are to protect children, staff, and the public against vaccine-preventable diseases in child care centers. These rules establish minimum immunization requirements for attendance at licenced and registered child care centers.
- Jan. 02 - Revised Immunization regulations went into effect Jan. 1, 2013.
- Dec. 14 - Whooping Cough (Pertussis) Information for Child Care Providers
- Child Care Providers -- Please complete the online survey in order to submit your child care immunization information. Emails about this were sent in October 2012.
- WEB PAGE: Child Care Manual, Forms and Supplemental Information
- 2011-2012 Immunization Status Report for Child Care Facilities
For information or assistance, please contact:
Vermont Department of Health
800-640-4374 (toll free within Vermont)
- Child Care Providers Immunization Status Report
- Vermont Immunization Regulations
- Additional Guidance for Child Care Providers
- Childhood Immunization Schedule
- Vermont Immunization Registry
- More Resources
All licensed and registered child care providers in Vermont are required to report the immunization status of babies and children in their care to the State of Vermont each year. The information that you need in order to complete the immunization survey will be collected annually from parents.
Missing your survey email? Check your junk email or trash folder
- Status Report FAQ for Child Care Providers
- Child Care Provider's Manual Web Page - this page includes the manual, required forms, supplemental information and additional resources.
- Providers: please submit report by January 1, 2013
- 2011 Immunization Status Report for Child Care
- Vaccine Brand Name Abbreviation list
- Brochure: Guide for Child Care Facilities to Vermont's Immunization Law
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Exemption forms have been updated since last year, and you must use the forms provided.
- Child Care Provider Memo -- Act 157 changes UPDATE July 31, 2012
- Child Care Immunization Record
- Documentation of Varicella
- Child Care Incomplete Immunization Notice UPDATE June 29, 2012
- Child Care Exclusion Notice UPDATE June 29, 2012
- Exemption Forms:
- Provisional Exemption Line List
- Department of Health District Offices
- Immunization Action Coalition
- CDC Vaccines: The Basics
- Vaccine Safety
- Learn about Cocooning - Tdap vaccination for family members to protect infants from pertussis - Infants are too young to be vaccinated, but are at serious risk of complications.
- Healthcare Personnel Vaccine Recommendations