The purpose of the immunization requirements for entry into childcare are to protect children, staff, and the public against vaccine-preventable diseases in child care centers. These rules establish minimum immunization requirements for attendance at licenced and registered child care centers.
A postcard will be sent to all licensed and registered child care facilities the week following the release of the survey to note that the survey has been sent. If the survey was not received via e-mail at a child care facility, Health Department Immunization Program contact numbers are provided for follow-up.
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) about Vermont's Child Care Immunization Regulations
- New Immunization Regulations (eff. Jan 01, 2013)
- Child Care Manual, Forms and Supplemental Information
- 2012 Immunization Status Report for Child Care Facilities
For information or assistance, please contact:
Vermont Department of Health
800-640-4374 (toll free within Vermont)
- Vaccines and Vermont's Regulations
- Child Care Providers Immunization Status Report
- Vermont Immunization Regulations
- Additional Guidance for Child Care Providers
- Childhood Immunization Schedule
- Vermont Immunization Registry
- More Resources
Find information and join the conversation about
All licensed and registered child care providers in Vermont are required to report the immunization status of babies and children in their care to the State of Vermont each year. The information that you need in order to complete the immunization survey will be collected annually from parents.
- Immunization Status Report for Child Care
- Link to more information about the Child Care Provider's Manual
Includes the manual, required forms, supplemental information and additional resources.
Missing your survey email? Check your junk email or trash folder
- Vaccine Brand Name Abbreviation list
- Brochure: Guide for Child Care Facilities to Vermont's Immunization Law
- Brochure: A Parent's Guide to Immunizations Required for Child Care
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Please use the forms provided. All forms have been updated as of 9/18/2013
- Child Care Immunization Record
- Documentation of Varicella
- Child Care Incomplete Immunization Notice
- Child Care Exclusion Notice
- Exemption Forms:
- Listing of Provisional and Exempt Children
- Department of Health District Offices
- Immunization Action Coalition
- CDC Vaccines: The Basics
- Learn about Cocooning: Tdap vaccination for family members to protect infants from pertussis - Infants are too young to be vaccinated, but are at serious risk of complications.
- Healthcare Personnel Vaccine Recommendations