|Very Vegetable Soup(Serves 4)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 medium head cabbage (about 2 cups), finely shredded
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup canned artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 cup frozen or fresh green peas
- 2 1⁄2 cups low-sodium tomato or vegetable juice
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoon dried basil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. In large soup pot, heat oil over medium heat.
2. Sauté cabbage, tomatoes, artichoke hearts and peas for 10
minutes. Add tomato juice and water. Bring to boil.
3. Reduce heat, add basil and simmer for 10 minutes, or until all vegetables
are tender and soup is piping hot.
4. Serve in individual serving bowls. Season to taste with salt and
|Nutrition info for
Calories: 120 • Total Fat: 4 g • Saturated
Fat: 0.5 g • Cholesterol: 0 mg
Carbohydrates: 18 g • Protein: 5 g • Sodium: 200 mg
with permission from the American Institute for Cancer Research