|Tuna and White Bean
Salad (Serves 4)
- 1 – 12 ounce can solid white tuna packed in water, drained
- 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped, fresh parsley
- 2 cups cooked or canned cannelloni beans (white kidney beans), drained
- 1⁄2 cup fat free Caesar dressing
- 12 black olives
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes or 3 chopped tomatoes
- 2 large bunches of spinach, washed and dried
1. Place the tuna in a medium-sized bowel. Cut the lemon in half and
squeeze the lemon juice over the tuna.
2. Add the onion, parsley, beans, and dressing to the tuna and gently
3. Divide the spinach equally on 4 plates and place the tuna mixture
on top. Garnish with olives and tomatoes.
4. To decrease the sodium in this recipe leave out the olives and use
low sodium dressing.
|Nutrition info for
Calories: 245 • Protein: 18 g • Total
Fat: 3 g • Saturated Fat: 0.5 g • Cholesterol: 18 mg
Carbohydrates: 37 g • Sodium: 700 mg