|Rice Pilaf (Serves 6,
1⁄2 cup per serving)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup uncooked long grain brown rice
- 2 cups heated low sodium fat-free chicken stock or broth
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat the oil over medium high heat in an ovenproof saucepan*. Add the rice, stir to coat with the oil and heat the rice until it sizzles a bit.
- Add the hot chicken stock, bring to a boil, cover and place in the oven.
- Bake until all the moisture is absorbed, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, toss with a fork and serve.
*If you do not have an ovenproof saucepan you can heat the oil, rice, and stock in a regular saucepan and then transfer the mixture to a casserole dish before putting it in the oven.
|Nutrition info for
Calories 137, Protein 3g, Carbohydrate 25g, Total Fat 3g, Saturated Fat 0.5g,
Cholesterol 0, Sodium 152mg