|Pasta with Butternut Squash and Lima Beans (Serves 6)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil or canola oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- ¼ tsp dried crushed red pepper
- 3 ½ cups seeded, peeled butternut squash (1/2 inch pieces from about one 2 pound squash)
- 1 – 10 ounce Package frozen baby lima beans, thawed
- 2 cups low sodium canned vegetable broth
- 10 ounces penne pasta, uncooked (3 cups)
- ¼ cup grates Parmesan cheese
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and sauté until tender and golden, about 10 minutes. Add garlic, thyme and crushed red pepper and stir 1 minute.
- Add squash and lima beans and sauté 3 minutes.
- Add 2 cups broth and bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 6 minutes.
- Season to taste with pepper.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally.
- Drain. Return to pot. Add squash mixture to pasta. Toss to blend, adding more broth by 1/4 cupfuls to moisten if necessary.
- Transfer to bowl. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition info per serving:
Calories 310, Protein 12g, Carbohydrate 53g, Total Fat 7g, Saturated Fat 1g,