|Grilled Sweet Potatoes,
Onion, and Bell Pepper (Serves 6)
- 1⁄4 cup olive or canola oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes (yams), peeled, cut into 1⁄2 inch
- 1 onion, cut into 1⁄2 inch thick wedges
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
1. Prepare a grill or grill pan on medium heat.
2. Whisk oil and thyme in a small bowl to blend.
3. Place sweet potatoes, onion, and pepper in a large bowl. Drizzle
with half of oil mixture and toss to coat.
4. Grill vegetables until tender and slightly charred, turning often,
about 15 minutes for pepper and 20 minutes for sweet potatoes and onion.
5. Transfer vegetables to a platter.
6. Whisk lemon juice into remaining oil mixture. Season with salt and
pepper. Drizzle over vegetables.
7. Serve warm or at room temperature.
|Nutrition info for
Calories: 172 • Protein: 2 g • Total
Fat: 9 g • Saturated Fat: 1 g • Cholesterol: 0 mg
Carbohydrates: 20 g • Sodium: 33 mg