|Apple Crisp (Serves
- Fat free non stick spray
- 1 1⁄2 pounds (5 medium) apples, cored and sliced, unpeeled
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked oatmeal
- 1/3 cup margarine or butter
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Lightly spray a 2-quart casserole dish with the non stick spray.
3. Arrange apples in prepared dish. Sprinkle with lemon juice and cinnamon.
4. In a medium bowl, combine flour, brown sugar and oatmeal. Cut in
margarine with a fork or pastry blender until mixture is crumply. Spread
5. Bake 40 minutes or until apples are tender.
Variation 1: Peach Crisp -- Use 1 pound (6 medium),
peeled and sliced, fresh peaches in place of apples.
Variation 2: Blueberry Crisp -- Use 3 cups fresh or
frozen unsweetened blueberries in place of apples.
|Nutrition info for
Calories: 219 • Total Fat: 8 g • Saturated
Fat: 2 g • Cholesterol: 0 mg
Carbohydrates: 36 g • Protein: 2 g • Sodium: 55 mg
from American Heart Association’s Delicious Decisions