|Delicious Bean Soup
(Serves 12, 1 cup per serving)
- 1 pound Great Northern beans, dry or 3 to 4 cans of cooked Great
Northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 – 10 ounce package frozen spinach, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves or 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 cups water
- 6 cubes chicken or vegetable bouillon, low sodium
1. If using dry beans, soak beans in large pot of water overnight. Drain
beans and leave in pot. If using canned beans, drain and rinse and put
2. Add the rest of the ingredients to the pot.
3. Cover and bring to a boil.
4. If using dry beans, simmer about 1 to 1 1⁄2 hours or until
beans are tender. If using canned beans, simmer until spinach is cooked,
about 10 minutes.
|Nutrition info for
Calories: 140 • Total Fat: 0.5 g • Saturated
Fat: 0 g • Cholesterol: 0 mg
Carbohydrates: 26 g • Protein: 9 g • Sodium: 60 mg
by University of New Hampshire Cooperative Extension