|Applesauce Bran Cereal Muffins
(Serves 12, 1 muffin per serving)
- 1¼ cups flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 2 cups raisin and bran cereal
- 1 cup non-fat milk
- ½ cup applesauce
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp trans fat-free margarine, melted
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix flour, baking powder, and salt in large bowl;
- Mix cereal and milk, let stand 3 minutes.
- Stir in egg, applesauce, sugar and margarine to cereal mixture
- Add flour mixture; stirring until just moistened. (Batter will be lumpy.)
- Spoon batter into muffin pan sprayed with no stick cooking spray, filling each cup 2/3 full.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 20 minutes or until golden brown
Nutrition info for
Calories 140, Protein 3g, Carbohydrate 26g, Total fat 3g, Saturated Fat 0,
Cholesterol 16mg, Sodium 240mg